Thursday 26 April 2012

What was it?

Strange occurrences are a part of life. Sometimes even though they are odd, they are easy to explain. There are those mysterious occurences that happen where you just have no idea what happened. I have had such experiences where I don’t know what happened and could never figure it out. This one in particular I will always remember.
When I was young, I was playing pass with 2 of my cousins. For anyone out there who knows what an oup-ee is, that is what we were using. An oup-ee was a beach ball from KFC that had a place to put water in so the ball moved around instead of just moving in a normal straight direction when you threw it.

On a ledge by where we were playing was a small figurine of Jesus. The ball knocked the figurine off the ledge and it hit the ground and broke. The head of the figure snapped off. I was in a huge panic as most kids would be when they break something. I was thinking about how much trouble I would be in when my parents found it. Being the brave and intelligent kid I was, I figured that they would never notice if it was not there anymore.  So I took it and hid it so they wouldn’t find it.

Obviously my mom knew it was missing. I wasn’t as smart as I thought. For a few days she made a few attempts at finding it but didn’t seem too concerned from what I could tell. When I finally saw that she didn’t really seem to mind, I pretty much thought that I could come clean about breaking it and not be in that much trouble. This is where the unexplainable part comes in.  As small and insignificant a thing as it is, it is still something I always think about.

I went to get the figure from where I hid it. I picked the little blanket that I put the pieces in up from the hiding spot and unwrapped it.  The head was on. Not glued back on, but actually on. There was no breakage on the neck line, there was no seam. It was one solid piece. It was as though it had never broken in the first place.

I am not at all in this case saying this was some sort of spiritual occurrence. What I am saying is that this figure of Jesus that I had broken was no longer broken at all. Not fixed, but just normal.  It was not found by anyone and put back together, it was not broken in any way.  Whatever happened is still a mystery but I will never forget it.

Ultimately I just took the figure and put it back. When asked about why I moved it, I just told my mom I was playing with it forgot to put it back. Nothing else was ever said about it. Some people out there may want to say “maybe because you were young you just don’t remember seeing the cracks from where it broke.” That could have been possible except for one small issue. My mother still has the figure and it looks just as whole today as it always did before I broke it.

Any ideas anyone wants to share? Tweet me @Vijayp1982 or comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are listed at the www.topparanormalsites.com website. Click here to vote for us.. Thank you :-)