Sunday 15 April 2012

Dreams and Prophecy

Dreaming of day to day events is nothing out of the ordinary. Dreams take place in a seemingly limitless world where anything is possible, but what does it mean when instead of dreaming of the day to day, you dream of tomorrow? Not only tomorrow, but dreaming of any time in the future where you wake up remembering details of the dream and find out later that what you dreamt has now occurred. I can imagine the feeling would initially be like the experience of Déjà Vu. Then the reality sets in and you know that it was not Déjà Vu but you in fact already saw this whole event play out in a dream. Now your thought process is going and you start recalling more specific aspects of your dream and a chill runs through you because you remember that you saw all of this before.

Now some peoples first thought would be of shock and disbelief. Some people may experience anxiety at the situation. Some may only think to themselves “why couldn’t I dream of the lottery numbers?” Everyone would deal with things in their own way. To restate the question, what does dreaming of the future mean? Did you somehow gain this special ability without knowing it? Were you always able to do it and just now realized you could? My favorite question of them all, did something else put this precognition in your head?

One argument that could be said is that as humans would be to refer to that statement “we only use 10% of our brains.” According to Neurologist Barry Gordon at the John Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, is completely incorrect. According to Gordon we use virtually every part of our brain. In fact according to Gordon most of the brain is active at all times. So if that is the case where would such an ability of precognition possibly be stored? Let’s address the possibility that there is another level of consciousness beyond that of just our actual brains. A higher plane of consciousness would be ideal as a source for such abilities. This theory would also be more in line with the paranormal aspect of precognition as well as precognition in dreams. I make that correlation because it is a common theory that the dream plane is another plane of existence.

As wonderful a thought as it could potentially be to say we are capable of this added ability or power, what if it is not us at all? Could it be some higher force planting these ideas in our head? The voices telling some individual about events to come in the least invasive way to make sure that this person does not panic, but this higher power still gets the message out. Such abilities of telling the future are far more out in the open than ever before. There are just as many fakers as there are genuine precognitive abilities. So I have to wonder with these genuine displays, why are they the ones chosen to display this ability? I want to know why these people are being told of coming events. Are they simply being told so they can chronicle the events as they happen? Or are they supposed to have a hand in it? This theory then leads to another question. Is the higher power leaking these details a good one or bad one? Are they telling these events to help us, or are they manipulating these individuals to help themselves.

Precognitive dreams have been reported throughout our history, precognitive people show up in all cultures. What do you think it stems from? What do you think the purpose of us knowing is? Lastly do you think these events happen for our benefit or our demise?

There are many other theories behind this phenomenon as well, I only address specific ones. Join me on twitter and tell me what you think this means or which other theories you think is more relevant @Vijayp1982.


4 comments:

  1. As a young child I would have dreams that would come true within a year. This frightened me so much that i shut down the connection that I had.Part of the fear was that I didn't understand what was happening. I didn't tap in again to this connection until I was in my mid 40s. I had been diagnosed with stage three breast cancer and I started to use my dreams to help me with my recovery. I would tell myself to dream of good check ups every time I went to see the Doctor. I now use this connection to help me understand what is stressing me and to remove these stressors in mu dreams. I awake calm and happy knowing that all is well and will turn out as I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see how it would be both a scary reality but wrapped up as a gift. It is unfortunate that you have to deal with such a thing as cancer. I am a cancer survivor as well. Mine was stomach cancer.

      Having this gift being able to now give you support in a time of great need sounds like a blessing though at first it was so frightening.

      In a strange way it is almost like it was a gift waiting till you were ready to accept what t could do for you. However, such things are easy to say from the outside looking in. I can not speak to the more negative feelings it may have caused you. So my opinion is more reserved.

      I hope very much that you continue to get better and better with each passing check up.

      Delete
  2. mines so really it gives me anxiety attacks cause its never a happy ending

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is my testimony on why when i have deja vu i do every thing in my power to change the course of events. the first time it happened i was around 17yrs old i had gone over to my friends house (we will call her jenny and we will call her husband joe) now i had spent every weekend in that house for the greater part of a year so you could say i knew every inch of that house. on the day it happened jenny and i were waiting for joe and shawn to get back from a job and we were supposed to take the baby and all five of us were to go to shawn's. we were getting the diaper bag packed up when i told jenny stop don't bother we aren't going i told her i remembered dreaming what happened and the guys would pull up and say it was too cold to take the baby out and then it was going to start snowing. (now the weather people said nothing about snow in our area.)so an hour later the guys pulled up and everything unfolded just as i said it would only when it got to the end of my premonition my ex boyfriend (who was my ex then) picked a fight with me and i did the right thing i walked away i went into my friends sisters room and he followed me and cornered me. well i used to carry a buck knife on my hip for protection and well he pushed me until i snapped i was going to kill him i just wanted him to stop twisting my words around. so i started pulling my knife i stuck it in his stomach twisted and pulled it to the left. now i felt the resistance when i pushed the knife in. that's when i realized that a friend we called skin was leading me into another room and that i almost killed someone i almost took a human life.... now in reality the moment i started to pull my knife out of my sheath skin saw what i was doing grabbed my hand pushed the knife back down into the sheath and lead me out of the room. that was my first phychotic break. it was very scary the room i was in wasn't right the window was on the wrong wall the closet wasn't where it was supposed to be. and my ex said later he saw his death in my eyes.....so now when i have deja vu i do what ever i can to change things because i take it as a warning that something bad is about to happen to me... thank you for the chance to tell someone about what happened and maybe help someone else! Rachel L. G. B.

    ReplyDelete

We are listed at the www.topparanormalsites.com website. Click here to vote for us.. Thank you :-)