Friday 14 September 2012

The Call of Tarot


            The oddest situation happened to me just a few days ago. Strange to think of such a thing as impactful as I had never had too much an interest in Tarot prior to this. I had been at home quite ill for a few days and was not out of the house at all. However, on this day while walking around a book store just to get some air, I had the strangest draw to the New Age section. I felt a pull to a specific set of Tarot cards. Just to reiterate and clarify, I had no interest in it before, but on this day I felt like I needed to get this specific set. It was a set that came with a book of instruction as well as back story. While reading through the book, one specific section caught my attention. It was saying that a common mistake made by people learning Tarot is that they just grab whatever deck and go, but that is a mistake because Tarot cards are a tool that use energy to give their readings and therefore your energies should be in tune with the deck. Perhaps this pull that I felt to the deck is the same time of synchronicity the author refers to.

This strange pull is not actually the odd part. Following my purchase of the deck, I pulled my wallet out of my jacket pocket as I entered my vehicle. This jacket I had just recently emptied out the pockets as I was putting it away for the winter. I also never keep change in my wallet, but as I drew it out, a toonie flew out. Not totally weird, but at the same time I took it as a lucky sign.  Just after I returned home, as my readers know I am on twitter, I checked my updates. I strangely enough had a new follower, a Tarot reader.  This made me start thinking now that it was a strange coincidence. I nonetheless dismissed it as nothing more than that. I sorted the new deck and found something odd, something I wondered if maybe it was a reading of its own. The deck had popped out of sort 2 cards; they were doubles which a Tarot deck does not have. I found 2 kings of Swords cards, but also found that upon those 2 cards popping out that the deck had the correct number of cards. It turns out that I was missing the knight of coins aka knight of discs card. So obviously I took it back to the store and got a new deck. Still feeling the same draw to the deck I got the replacement and it felt right to get the new deck, but could it be that the previous one was giving me a reading?

I have begun trying to learn and understand how Tarot works and trying to figure out what it could mean if anything, but one thing is for certain. Just enough happened with this new venture to peak my interest. Let’s see what this could mean. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but maybe it was a reading I was meant to find. After all, all things happen for a reason.

Let me know what you think about this. Find me on twitter @VijayP1982 or comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are listed at the www.topparanormalsites.com website. Click here to vote for us.. Thank you :-)